Vendtastic's uncompromising vending machine
From the Vendtastic Website
Vendtastic LTD, a new UK vending company, is presently demonstrating its new automatic hot food vending machine, which cooks without compromising food quality or taste. (Patent Pending).
In 1999 Vendtastic researchers embarked on designing a hot food vending machine to meet the following criteria:
1. A machine that would require restocking less often, reducing site visits and product cost.
2. To make it vandal and weather resistant for exterior use.
3. To offer large, value for money products of about the size of a standard beefburger in a bun.
4. To offer a reliable service to our customers.
5. To offer a large product choice.
A machine incorporating all these features would be too heavy, too costly, too large to assemble and transport easily, and too demanding on site space.
In response, our researchers dispensed with conventionality and decided to design a high capacity, reliable, low cost machine, which would deliver a single, large size product line and would be weather and vandal resistant. This would satisfy points 1 to 4 above.
Point 5 could be achieved by increasing the amount of machines per site, which would also allow several customers to be served simultaneously and save them queuing at one machine.
Based on our concept, a site with five Vendtastic machines would have a huge advantage of over a site with one conventional machine selling five product lines, especially if that single machine failed.